- Supervisory Responsibility
This position does not supervise others.
This position has access to confidential and proprietary information of all sorts, which will require exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of our customers, clients and the intellectual property of the company
Must be able to make decisions concerning numerous ongoing projects with regard to priority, and be disciplined and organized in the efficient use of time. Must be able to multi-task, and manage time in order to meet varying deadlines.
This position requires superior judgment regarding decisions that could potentially impact a number of different internal departments or external operating groups within the organization and the company’s growing operations.
This position does not have financial authority.
- Contacts: Internal and External Customers
This position has significant contact with staff at multiple levels within the company, up to and including senior leadership and peers at affiliated entities. Must be able to communicate well with other departments, as well as external clients and customers
- Exudes leadership qualities
- Ownership and accountability
- Results and detail oriented
- Able to multi-task and continue to execute under pressure
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- An ongoing thirst for knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
- CPA and/or other tax designations preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Insurance tax and accounting experience
- Minimum 5 years Insurance Tax and Accounting experience.
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and issues of all types.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles.
- Advanced working knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word and Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc).
- Working knowledge of Premium Pro or other premium tax software applications.
- Working knowledge of One Source or other federal & state tax return preparation software.
EQUITRUST LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
EquiTrust Life Insurance Company is a trusted provider of life insurance and annuity products with a strong track record of operating performance. We are a national carrier of competitive, client-friendly options, available through various distribution channels including more than 23,800 independent sales representatives and independent marketing organizations. EquiTrust manages $16.4 billion in fixed-rate and indexed annuities and life insurance products with offices in Chicago and West Des Moines.
EquiTrust offers an opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic environment backed by financial strength, stability and a tradition of excellence. If you are a creative thinker looking to be a part of a diverse team where your contributions are valued, please join us!
TO APPLY: Please visit our website www.equitrust.com