The Small Project BA role is designed to execute on multiple simultaneous small to medium sized initiatives driving quantified business results. This position includes project coordination, business requirements development and quality assurance testing in partnership with internal developers. Technologies in play include distributed computing, reporting and web.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Works with business customers to understand existing processes and problems as well as new requirements and then applies knowledge of the application suite to develop improved processes and system specifications.
- Prepares functional test plans and participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Applies appropriate project management skills to progress work, prepare time and cost estimates, and coordinate the work of others
- Builds an understanding of data sources available and works with business partners to develop information solutions that advance customer activities. Work can include report development, exposure of additional data in workflows, application of business rules based on data requirements and introduction of new data elements to existing systems and databases.
- Prepares content to help customers make sound decisions – e.g. workflow diagrams, data analysis summaries, cost benefit/ROI assessments, process maps.
- Plans and prepares documentation, diagrams and instructional material to reflect functionality of systems for other analysts as well as end users.
- Brings a continuous improvement mentality and sense of curiosity to daily activities.
- Proposes alternatives and recommendations to management regarding course of action which best meet the organization's goals.
- Transitions effectively between business and technical perspectives, providing customers with explanations relevant to them.
- Formulates business and technical solutions to system issues.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in business, technology or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- 7 years experience as a Business Analyst.
- 5 years experience in the P&C industry.
- Demonstrable skills in requirements development, quality assurance, project leadership and data analysis.
- An ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Effective research and negotiation skills.
- Driven by creativity, curiosity and a desire for accuracy.
- Strong communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written.
- A willingness to step outside primary responsibilities to contribute to the team.
- Experience on multiple technology platforms and with a variety of data structures.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products and project management tools.
- Focused on providing outstanding customer service.
- BA and/or QA certification(s)
- Project Management background
- Experience in business intelligence concepts and tools
Why choose us?
You don’t just want a place to go to work. You want a chance to make a difference every day for your customers, your coworkers and yourself. If this sounds like you, you are in good company. At Grange Insurance Association, we value the contributions made by every single employee and it shows. We listen carefully. We treat people as individuals. We understand the importance of work-life balance.
Grange offers an excellent benefit package, including fully subsidized ORCA card or van pool participation, as well as competitive compensation and a dynamic working environment.
Our efforts have made us an award-winning employer and we are honored to be recognized as a great place to work. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Visit our page at: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grange-insurance-association
Grange Insurance Association is a Property/Casualty insurance company, with headquarters near the Space Needle in Seattle and operating in six Western states (CA, CO, ID, OR, WA and WY). We have been insuring farming families in western communities since 1894. Learn more about Grange Insurance Association at www.grange.jobs